Re: MacBook + monitor + laptop as ext. monitor ?

Subject: Re: MacBook + monitor + laptop as ext. monitor ?
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 09:08:16 -0700

With a single computer, you don't need and can't use a KVM.

You shouldn't need a KVM, but the switch from Thunderbolt to USB-3 in
the latest Macs resulted in a giant step back in terms of multiple
monitor support. Third-party adapter manufacturers might fill in the
gaps eventually. Which Mac model do you have exactly? MacBook Pro
"15-inch late 2016"?

https://www.apple.com/us-hed/shop/reviews/MJ1K2AM/A/usb-c-digital-av-multiport-adapter

http://blog.fosketts.net/2016/11/26/beware-usb-c-hdmi-adapters-flaky-2016-macbook-pro/