Re: PDF filenames - include release designation ?

Subject: Re: PDF filenames - include release designation ?
From: "Monique Semp" <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "Kathy Bowman" <Kath -dot- Bowman -at- au -dot- saabgroup -dot- com>, "TechWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 17:06:46 -0800

>A âpublishedâ document is any document that has been through our review process and is approved to be delivered to customers (electronic, print or both). Revisions are incremental updates developed in-house during the review process. For example, someone may do a technical review of revision âCâ, which may then get amended and become revision âDâ. However, no document is used by a customer until it is published.
Oh, I see. Different terminology usage :-). So in my case, Iâm using ârevisionâ to mean an update to a doc thatâs been delivered for a given release. And Iâll be distributing the revision to customers before the next software release is ready (the release number stays the same and the revision will increment). So thatâs why I want the revision number/letter to be in the PDF filename and understandable to end users.
Interesting how it seemed like we were talking about the same thing, but then it turned out we werenât quite.
Thanks for clarifying,
-Monique