Re: Optimal line length for sales documents in pdf

Subject: Re: Optimal line length for sales documents in pdf
From: Di <dicorrie -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 05:31:32 +1200

Thank you all for taking the time to share your different points of view.
Solo writer in a job for coming up to eight years, there is a risk of
getting entrenched where I don't know I am entrenched. I was in need of
fresh perspectives. New information is good and some humour never goes
astray!

"The width of your eyes" - that phrase probably evolved. An Information
Mapping workshop back in the day showed me the value in being able to see
what is written on a a line of text by looking at it and without actually
having to read it. (Of course, there are other rules that go with that,
apart from the physical length of line.) When I started in my current role
they had invested in a set of standard templates that looked and worked
fine, despite the odd criticism from a member of staff - usually about the
standard body text indent. The body text is roughly as wide as my eyes
(outside corners) when I hold up a printed document to my face. It is part
of my role to go through the standard templates with new members of staff.
So I guess the phrase happened there.

Regards,

Di