RE: Hottest trends in tech writing

Subject: RE: Hottest trends in tech writing
From: "Margaret Cekis" <Margaret -dot- Cekis -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "'Erika Yanovich'" <ERIKA_y -at- rad -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 12:15:00 -0500

Erika Yanovich asked about the Hottest trends in tech writing: "I need to
make an internal presentation about tech writing and I want to add a couple
of slides about the hottest trends in our field. I know "customer journey"
has been with us for a while, but what else? Pointers appreciated."
Erika:
What I see as an important trend is the concept that everything, the
interface, the Help, the marketing, the documentation, and even training (if
available), are all part of the "User Experience" or "Customer Experience".
That "User Experience" should be integrated so that the customers (or users)
gets consistent information across all the ways they access the product or
website (or whatever), and on whatever devices they use for access (PCs,
tablets, or smart phones).
Margaret Cekis, Johns Creek GA.

Doc-To-Help: The Quickest Way to Author and Publish Online Help, Policy & Procedure Guides, eBooks, and more using Microsoft Word | http://bit.ly/doctohelp2015