Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for November 1, 2013
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 12:47:51 -0400

Now that you’ve removed the last traces of zombie makeup, come down from
the sugar high, and made your post-Halloween dental appointments, you
should be able to cruise into your weekend with a little tech comm
Halloween entertainment, some news, and some insight from the rest of the
Whirlers on the email discussion list. This week found our community
debating knowledge bases, using tables for technical content, iconography,
handling some specific document challenges, and more. Not too scary, but
definitely attention-getting.

This year’s Halloween horror stories covered the lifecycle of a typical
technical communicator, from those awkward geeky days of high school, to
corporate life, and project debacles. Thanks to Grant Fetters, Joe Gollner
and Craig Cardimon for their contributions. And if you haven’t gotten
enough Halloween- flavored content and communication knowledge, check out
the Halloween edition of Tech Writer This Week.

Have a great weekend!

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>**
:*

- Tech Writer This Week - Halloween 2013 Edition | http://bit.ly/19dVinm
- Zombies in the Boardroom, by Craig Cardimon | http://bit.ly/1gZms7h
- A Tale from the Content Management Crypt, by Joe Gollner |
http://bit.ly/1hojAyL
- Monster: A Halloween Horror Story, by Grant E. Fetters |
http://bit.ly/1hmVfcz

*Technical Communication news on
http://TechWhirl.com/news<http://techwhirl.com/news>
:*

- SGS and ENVIRON Launch New RoHS Compliance Service Using BOMcheck |
http://ow.ly/2Bd9Ur
- STC Philadelphia Metro Opens Call for Proposals for 2014 Conference |
http://ow.ly/2BcvhT

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page – what’s happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special “thank you” to our sponsors for their
support.

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems
Incorporated<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>,* *Madcap
Software<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>
**

*Silver*: Vancouver Island University <http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>

Online Magazine and Discussions for Today's Tech Writer

Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: plus.ly/TechWhirl