Re: What graphics tasks do you perform?

Subject: Re: What graphics tasks do you perform?
From: Mike Starr <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 12:59:41 -0600

Oddly enough, they do. It takes them a while but I spoke to the product manager for Adobe Technical Communication Suite at the 2011 STC conference. I complained about the crappy grayscale toolbar buttons in FrameMaker. I told him that I had taken a screen capture from FrameMaker and overhauled almost all the toolbar buttons. He listened to me, gave me his card and asked me to send him my screen capture.

I emailed it to him shortly after I returned home from the conference. Then, to my surprise, about a month ago, he contacted me and asked me if I would be willing to discuss it with a member of his team. I said yes and had a lengthy conversation with the team member, explained my rationale for the changes I was suggesting and also sent him a screen capture of my heavily customized Microsoft Word toolbars.

So, perhaps my suggestions may make it into the next release of FrameMaker.

Best Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Starr WriteStarr Information Services
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - WordPress Websites

On 2013-02-19 12:30 pm, Chris Morton wrote:
<snip>

software; these usually also require a special typeface. This tool is
frustrating, however, in that I'm using a CS3 version that obviously needs
a lot of UI enhancements (and Adobe doesn't bother to solicit any of my
input).<snip>
EPUB Webinar: Join STC Vice President Nicky Bleiel as she discusses tips for creating EPUB, the file format used for e-readers, tablets, smartphones, and more.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/12LyN2z