Re: Eudora (was Re: Outlook, thunderbird, or...)

Subject: Re: Eudora (was Re: Outlook, thunderbird, or...)
From: Mike Starr <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 08:17:11 -0600

If I remember correctly, the code-base for Eudora has been converted to use the same code-base as Thunderbird.

Best Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Starr WriteStarr Information Services
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - WordPress Websites

On 2013-02-27 8:08 am, Ken Poshedly wrote:

I recall that this topic has come up in the past, so I'll gingerly
offer my same
advice. Sometimes, a tried-and-true product IS better. And at least for me,
Eudora works best.

While Qualcomm let go of it some years ago, Eudora -- with all of its
features,
including great filtering capabilities -- remains downloadable and
has a huge
user-base and online forums.

Of course, it IS for downloading and sorting mail onto your own
platform, so if
that limitation is something you can't live with, sorry. That's why we still
have webmail.

By the way, Thunderbird was promoted by some as the next generation
of Eudora
and supposedly has a very similar UI, though I myself don't know.

Except that, based on comments I've seen from those who are Eudora and then
Thunderbird users, Eudora really IS better (including message filtering and
folder creation and organization).

There are three levels of Eudora -- Light (with limitations),
Sponsored (fully
functional but with ads positioned on the left side of the screen) and Paid
(fully functional and no ads). With Eudora now totally free and
unrestricted,
one simply downloads the "Paid" version (for free) and changes one of the
settings and you're good-to-go. The humongous and downloadable user
guide/reference/"history of the world" manual in pdf covers everything.

For more:

http://www.eudora.com/download/

-- Ken in Atlanta
EPUB Webinar: Join STC Vice President Nicky Bleiel as she discusses tips for creating EPUB, the file format used for e-readers, tablets, smartphones, and more.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/12LyN2z