RE: [in]consistency of fonts

Subject: RE: [in]consistency of fonts
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 17:11:06 -0500

> There are two goals that appear to conflict: (1) let users know the
> sub-commands are links and (2) maintain the CLI look and feel. But both
> goals could be satisfied by changing the command intro as follows:
>
> widget - manage widgets in the system
> The following sub-commands are available (click a sub-command for more
> information):
>
> Would a compromise like that satisfy the concerns of both camps?

Well, you'd think... but...

These are some of the same people who, on the one side complain
that the WebHelp's command syntax pages are just a duplication
of the command-line help that's available when the user
types

command ?

or

command -h

But then it's a problem that I use the command-syntax format
as a jumping-off point to include expanded explanations and
links that don't exist in the command-line version of "help",
because it's not the same look any more.

Really, these are the sorts of complaints that arise when
there are no more factual errors/omissions, all the typos
have been cleaned, etc.

-k

or disclosing it.

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help