Re: Stupid users (was Re: Is there a term for this?)

Subject: Re: Stupid users (was Re: Is there a term for this?)
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: Phil Snow Leopard <philstokes03 -at- googlemail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 08:07:36 -0800

On 2012-02-08, at 2:42 AM, Phil Snow Leopard
<philstokes03 -at- googlemail -dot- com> wrote:

> On 8 Feb 2012, at 11:14, Tony Chung wrote:
>
>> You had me until "Stupid users is where the money is".
>

> Well of course "stupid" is a pejorative and I did pick the word partly tongue-in-cheek, but also partly because the same connotation is brought forth by other commonly used terms for this kind of thinking like "dumbing down" and "pandering to the lowest common denominator".

Pardon me. I meant to say, "You had me up to, and including, 'Stupid
users is where the money is.'"

I studied jazz, and the most common phrase we used was, "The general
public are no minds."

So, bad Apple for providing designer features that I'm sure are
helpful, but as you said, can't be turned off at will.

-Tony