Re: Stupid users (was Re: Is there a term for this?)

Subject: Re: Stupid users (was Re: Is there a term for this?)
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: Phil Snow Leopard <philstokes03 -at- googlemail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 20:14:20 -0800

You had me until "Stupid users is where the money is". My kids get so
lost in their Nintendo DS games that when the system crashes or the
battery dies they complain that they lost all their progress. I ask
them, "did you save?" and the answer is always, "No."

Apple is pretty darn smart to focus on saving the user's work, backing
their work up invisibly, and preventing them from any action that
warrants a "Caution" or "Warning" notice. To steal from Apple's
branding, I would call that "Geniusï" thinking.

The more I play with computers, the more intelligence I begin to
expect from them. I'm disappointed that I have to do so much just to
get my computer to say, "Hi" to me. I figure that if a computer or
software product could essentially document itself, then I could spend
my time documenting the cool applications for using the tool.

Note: I haven't upgraded to OS X Lion yet. But I did get an iPad.

-Tony

On 2012-02-07, at 7:57 PM, Phil Snow Leopard