Re: Has anyone noticed...

Subject: Re: Has anyone noticed...
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 20:56:17 -0400

On 06/12/2011 05:50 AM, Erika Yanovich wrote:

Hi Whirlers,

Have you noticed that HR ('manpower' is long defunct) recruiters now call themselves talent acquisition consultants? I wonder what would be the parallel for us.

Given that those folks, the ones in the placement agencies anyway, seem to to be skilled at:
1. Telling me they have read my resume and found it impressive;
2. Telling me I'm a shoo-in for a DBA job in Irkutsk (presumably because I once wrote about DB2);
3. Not having any tech writing jobs available at all; ...

Given all that, I would prefer to have a job title that is as far removed from theirs as possible. How about "tech writer"??

I'll try to avoid mentioning entirely the few of them who sport names like "Kenneth Williams" or "James Cranshaw" but are barely able to speak understandable English and who have no idea of the technical issues of the jobs they are peddling.

http://www.doctohelp.com