Re: Another request for input (different topic)

Subject: Re: Another request for input (different topic)
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 17:10:30 -0400

It's good that he doesn't know what HTML is because he won't be using
it for his site anyway. ;-)

I have no advice on specific service providers but I suggest any you
look into you do so with a very cautious, detailed approach. There are
many fly by night scams going on in the fledgling eCommerce world.

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 1:49 PM, Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:
> Once again I need to ask for pointers.  A few days ago my brother asked my help in researching this.
>
> My brother wants to set up a business web site, offering goods and services.  He knows essentially nothing about the Internet, web site construction/maintenance, ecommerce, or any such things.  He's looking for a company that can offer him a good deal on creating and running a business web site essentially for him.
>
> I know nothing of such matters either, but I'm hoping someone on this list does.  What he needs is a real turnkey solution, something where all he has to do is tell someone else what his business phone # is and what are the prices he wants to put on items, and they do everything else.
>
> Does anyone know of such services?  PLEASE don't send info about software or companies where he could build his own web site.  He doesn't know jack about making a web site - I doubt if he knows what "HTML" means.
>
> And yes, I am googling things on my own as work permits.  So far I haven't found anything useful.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

> Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with Doc-To-Help.
> http://www.doctohelp.com
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-

> or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/techcommdood%40gmail.com

Bill Swallow

Twitter: @techcommdood
Blog: http://techcommdood.com