RE: A different "personality type" angle

Subject: RE: A different "personality type" angle
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "Pinkham, Jim" <Jim -dot- Pinkham -at- voith -dot- com>, Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>, TECHWR-L Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 11:55:44 -0500

Pinkham, Jim [mailto:Jim -dot- Pinkham -at- voith -dot- com]

> I'm not so sure real-world users of our information products
> will fit tidily into that kind of a box -- convenient and
> helpful though it might be for us.
>
> The list of potential biases and heuristics is long (e.g.,
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases). It
> would be interesting to scrutinize a bit more closely and see
> if some are more particularly relevant in our contexts than others.
>
> Some fascinating ones on the list -- loss aversion,
> Déformation professionnelle, and the "Texas sharpshooter
> fallacy," to name but a few.

Thanks for that link. Excellent! I'm book-marking and bronzing!

A few weeks ago, I was reading through long sequences of those
e-mails that were liberated from the Global Warming co-conspirators.

I swear that I can see at least two-thirds of the biases from the
Wikipedia page at work in those exchanges.

But then, that might be just my bias at work...

- Kevin

or disclosing it.

http://www.doctohelp.com/

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com