Re: Paint Shop Pro X2 -- HELP!!!

Subject: Re: Paint Shop Pro X2 -- HELP!!!
From: Deborah Hemstreet <dvora -at- tech-challenged -dot- com>
To: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 08:30:45 -0400

Hi Richard,

I only use PSP V8, but what I have done (albeit it is time consuming),
is the following:

1. Make a new layer out of the original picture.

2. Hide the original layer

3. On the copied layer, MANUALLY outline the segments of the picture I
want to delete. The more critical the picture, the smaller the segments
that I delete, bit by bit.

4. For some reason, in PSP, if you try to do this on the original raster
layer, deleting part of the picture replaces the deleted area with a
color, which I do not want.

5. Once I've deleted all of the background, I can drag and drop that
layer outside the picture, resulting in a new graphic with no background.

6. Theoretically, if you save to EPS the background should be
transparent now. Save it first as a PSP file though, becasue you do not
want to loose all that work. Then you can experiment saving in different
formats until you get what you want.

I hope this is helpful.

Deborah
http://www.tech-challenged.com