Languages required for regultory approvals in Asia/SE Asia?

Subject: Languages required for regultory approvals in Asia/SE Asia?
From: victorianuttle -at- aol -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 23:02:26 -0400

Long story short... when my
old company majorly downsized last year, I was one of the people to go
as a full-time, but they've kept me busy with a couple hours of work a
week since then (and I have moved on to full time employment).? One of
the other people who moved on to other full time employment but has
also stayed on for a few hours a week as a contractor is the regulatory
engineer.

Old company has pretty much been in stasis for a year, but they're now
moving on to expanding the sales/distribution of some products into
areas in the world where the company has never done direct dealings.?
I'm trying to find out if anyone can throw me a bone on some
information on any required languages for regulatory approvals for
Asia/Southeast Asia.? I know, the ideal answer would be to ask the
real, contracting, regulatory engineer, but we have - she's suggested
trying to research a quick list rather than having her spend hours
trying to figure it out for certain.? Right now, we're just trying to
get together a list of languages that we might need during various
regulatory approvals.? The product this is being done for is not going
through our general resale routes and we're not looking at distribution
to customers with the product, we're just trying to figure out what we
might need for regulatory approvals (so we can have it ready and get
through a pprovals quickly) and possibly put on to the customer web
site.

Again, yeah, I know, I'd usually be screaming "consult a professional"
too, but in the interest of keeping those still at the company in
business, we're trying to get our stuff ready with a minimal amount of
our consulting fees (and obviously, mine are cheaper!).

If anyone can email on-list or off with some advice or any places I can
look to try and figure out myself, it'd be much appreciated.? Right
now, we've got a standard set of European languages (French, German,
Italian, Spanish, Portuguese) and have Arabic, Chinese and Japanese in
progress.? From my research that should cover us as far as "official"
languages in Asia/SE Asia go, but again, I am not a regulatory engineer
but apparently I sometimes play one in the off hours.

Thanks,

- V

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/