RE: Languages required for regultory approvals in Asia/SE Asia?

Subject: RE: Languages required for regultory approvals in Asia/SE Asia?
From: "technical writing plus" <doc-x -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: <victorianuttle -at- aol -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 07:23:05 -0600

Just a guess from my corner:

Chinese-Simplified, China, Singapore, HK?;
Chinese-Traditional, Taiwan;
Korean, Korea; Japanese, Japan; Vietnamese, Vietnam; Indonesian, Indonesia;
English, Australia and maybe India and HK.

HK means Hong Kong. They might still accept English-language stuff
officially, I do not know. Same for India. I think that the main official
language in India is Urdu.
I've listed eight languages here and nine countries or localities.

Oh yeah: Myanmar: Burmese. Laos: Laotian. I have probably forgotten some
places.

I could help your company with the Chinese, but my direction is INTO
English.

Jim Jones zxlat.translatorscafe.com

Chinese | German | Spanish to English

Technical Communication Services (Editing, Illustration)