Re: Annoyed with Tech Smith

Subject: Re: Annoyed with Tech Smith
From: "Lin Sims" <ljsims -dot- ml -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 16:54:05 -0400

My rant is that between version 7 and version 8, they dropped the
"drawing tool" palette (seen in SnagIt Studio) for a paint tool in the
new Editor. No more polylines, no more arcs, no connectors, no frames.
Except for frames, I used all of those heavily, and there's no
equivalent in the paint tool.

I've also found that altering text using the Text tool has become
harder. In SnagIt Editor 7, you could draw a transparent text box over
the text you wanted to replace, match up your fonts, type in your
preferred text, and turn the text box solid and bob's your uncle.

In SnagIt 8, turning the text box solid shoves in some sort of padding
all around the text you just positioned so it is no longer where you
need or want it AND the extra size of the box is obscuring nearby
stuff that you didn't want altered.

I swear, I'm about ready to downgrade back to 7 at home and see if I
can do the same at work.

Lin

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList