RE: "always read and follow the instructions"

Subject: RE: "always read and follow the instructions"
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "Sean Brierley" <sbrierley -at- Accu-Time -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 12:32:13 -0400

Are you sure you aren't just quoting my story from three years ago?
I had to take the tin-snips to the grille on the back of the computer
because the new power-supply had its power-cord and switch in slightly
different locations than the original equipment PS.

It's worked fine ever since, with the dual-monitor card and extra mem,
but it still wouldn't handle Vista with the eye-candy (not a problem
since we continue to run XP as the corporate standard.

Nevertheless, the computer I'm talking about this time is meant to be my
second PC, the one that I use as a "test-bed" (crash test dummy), in
which I install the employer's products (hardware and software), so that
I can document on my main PC, which remains free of potentially
corrupting influences and rough handling.
Of course, being:
a) three-and-something years newer and
b) a server with 64-bit dual-core
the new box already outclasses my work machine.
If it wasn't that the work machine lacks a necessary bus (PCIe 4-lane,
times two), I'd just swap the two machines. Oh well.