Re: Compare and Contrast Doc Group Performance -- What's aWorld-Class Doc Group Look Like?

Subject: Re: Compare and Contrast Doc Group Performance -- What's aWorld-Class Doc Group Look Like?
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- westnet -dot- com -dot- au>
To: John Rosberg <jrosberg -at- interwoven -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 08:00:48 +0900

Hi John -

The OP was after some means of comparison with external doc groups. On
the measures of correctness and 'meets requirements' there's no easy way
to compare with how someone else would do with your users. But as a
general measure of quality I think the STC awards are a reasonable
proxy. I guess I would try to do both--measure how well our docs
contribute to users' "efficiency, effectiveness and satisfaction", and
see how the STC judges assessed our work compared with other groups who
are producing comparable work.

Stuart

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList