Re: Compare and Contrast Doc Group Performance -- What's a World-Class Doc Group Look Like?

Subject: Re: Compare and Contrast Doc Group Performance -- What's a World-Class Doc Group Look Like?
From: "Pro TechWriter" <pro -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Stuart Burnfield" <slb -at- westnet -dot- com -dot- au>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 15:30:04 -0500

Good suggestion. I've been a judge for these competitions on several
occasions, and I can tell you, I saw some really high-class stuff. It would
be an honor to win, and is very good to enter and get feedback on your
product.

You do get feedback from the committee that reviews your work, and it can be
very detailed, from grammar to presentation to readability. I think we even
gave points for "friendliness" and other more subjective qualities. Just
doing the judging helped me to create better work.

Enjoying this Q & A--thanks for posting the question!

--PT

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 10:56 PM, Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- westnet -dot- com -dot- au>
wrote:

> You could put some of your team's work up for the STC Publications
> Competition. A couple of Distinguished or Excellence awards would
> look very impressive in the trophy cabinet.
>
> I wouldn't assume that a top STC award by itself equals
> "world-class", but combined with Gene's suggestions it would make a
> very persuasive case.
>
> The awards would also make useful fodder for the News or Achievements
> page on your company's web site.
>
> Stuart

> Create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to Help file formats or
> printed documentation. Features include support for Windows Vista & 2007
> http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList<http://www.doctohelp.com/TechwrlList>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as pro -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-

> or visit
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/pro.techwriter%40gmail.com

"Life is short, but there is always time enough for courtesy."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList