FrameMaker 7.1 "Save book as PDF" nightmare

Subject: FrameMaker 7.1 "Save book as PDF" nightmare
From: R D <jaguarjam -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 08:49:55 -0800 (PST)

I'm using FrameMaker 7.1 and I'm trying to "Save book
as PDF". It appears that the template pre-dates FM 7.1
so many of the fonts are not available and I can't
generate the PDF. I keep getting the "Font not
available" error message in the FrameMaker console.

I tried unchecking the "Remember Missing Font Names"
box under preferences and this seemed remove some of
the font error messages but not all. The "Book Error
Log" disappeared but in the bottom left hand corner of
FM there is a note: Couldn't open ___.fm
I looked in the maker.ini file but was hesitant to
change anything there.

Any suggestions? My manager keeps saying it's not a
font issue- he thinks there are broken links or
references but I think that would be mentioned in the
"Book Error Log" which now does not appear.

All the best,
Rich D

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList