RE: Microsoft Word Questions

Subject: RE: Microsoft Word Questions
From: "Pinkham, Jim" <Jim -dot- Pinkham -at- voith -dot- com>
To: <ActionA -at- aol -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:48:28 -0500

FWIW, Nancy, I know there's a program available through The Editorium
that will bring Word index entries into Quark (see discussion at
http://www.editorium.com/quarkconverter/TH_6.htm). Perhaps something
analagous exists (or could be commissioned) for Frame. A look at the
Dexter plug-in would also seem to suggest that has potential to help
with your indexing, including setting a special bookmark for index topic
entries -- and from there perhaps not a far leap to the requisite
hyperlink in the PDF. (See http://www.editorium.com/dexter.htm to
explore further). The Editorium newsletter has also run about 10
articles on Word indexing over the years. See the archives at
http://www.editorium.com/euindex.htm.

Jim

Usual disclaimer: I have no affiliation with The Editorium -- I am just
a satisfied reader of the newsletter and user of several of Jack's free
macros.