RE: designing software tutorials

Subject: RE: designing software tutorials
From: "technical writing plus" <doc-x -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "'V. Camgros'" <camgros -at- mindspring -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 16:09:15 -0600

There are quite a few worthy web resources, and books too, but I cannot tell
you what any of them might be, simply because I do not know.

However, I can say that you should start out by making a list that sets out
clearly the stuff that you *think at this time* the users should know.

Then use the list to start conversations with the people who know and use
the new software (or who will be developing it).

Then investigate those web resources. Then start on designing tutorials,
after you know what your needs are.

Jim Jones http://tinyurl.com/4arjc