Re: QuarkXPress 7 vs Adobe InDesign CS

Subject: Re: QuarkXPress 7 vs Adobe InDesign CS
From: "Peter Gold" <peter -at- knowhowpro -dot- com>
To: "Raj Machhan" <raj -dot- machhan -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 08:33:33 -0500

Hi, Raj:

Perhaps I was too vague? I was interested in knowing what
considerations guided your choice(s). Those of us who responded to
your inquiry invested our effort for the benefit of all list members,
and those non-members who find these conversations through Internet
searches. Your feedback on how you arrived at a decision would help
complete this valuable information cycle for all in the community.

Many posters on these lists have named products they have found useful
or useless for their own workflows, without rocketing their chosen
product's manufacturer to success or dooming the rejected one to
failure. Unless your decision controls many hundreds or thousands of
licenses, it's a good bet that even if you state your product choice,
it would not seem to be an endorsement by the list, and it would
likely not contribute to a competitive advantage for the publisher.

Regards,

Peter
Peter Gold
KnowHow ProServices