Re: Flat screen recommendation (PC) for high res graph? (take II)

Subject: Re: Flat screen recommendation (PC) for high res graph? (take II)
From: Chris Borokowski <athloi -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 12:57:23 -0700 (PDT)

Based on the experience of friends who worked at the
Dell plant(s) in Austin, it seems like they assemble
desktops from industry-standard parts bought in bulk,
and will configure laptops, printers, etc. Like many
manufacturers, they often add a branding kit to a
completed machine.

If you want to put together a good machine, build your
own. It is not difficult and it can be quite fun. The
choice of parts gives you more control over quality
and interaction of parts, so while you won't beat Dell
on price by more than $50-100, you will get a better
and more durable machine.

I just returned from:

http://www.axiontech.com/

Where I picked up some parts to fix a box I have here.
Were I to buy a flatscreen monitor tomorrow, I'd look
at Princeton, Viewsonic and Sony first.

--- David Neeley <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

> They do assemble the rest partly or completely
> themselves. They have
> been very clever for years in cost-reducing that
> assembly process, and
> in specifying various components that allow them to
> continue to drive
> cost out of it.

User Interface design blog
http://user-advocacy.blogspot.com/