Re: RE: Another Word guru question

Subject: Re: RE: Another Word guru question
From: "Allan Ackerson" <alackerson -at- msn -dot- com>
To: maker -at- verizon -dot- net, David -dot- Chinell -at- GE -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 11:13:13 -0700

Dori Green has already told you how to do this. The only other way I can think of is to break the table, then add the "continued" line at the top of the next page to a formatted line. In other words:

First Page

Table 1. List of Names

This is a caption style.

Table 1. List of Names - Continued

This is plain text formatted like the caption. You can allow this one to roll from page to page. However, that said, I think Dori's solution is more elegant.

Cheers!
Al

From: Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: "Chinell, David F (GE Indust, Security)" <David -dot- Chinell -at- GE -dot- com>,Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 11:45:30 -0600 (CST)

Thanks, David (Bear). That's what I'm beginning to suspect.

A couple of people who've responded to me privately have misunderstood my question. For the benefit of anyone who's interested, here's a representation of my question:

A table title with a continued variable is like this (roughly)

Most popular baby names in 2006* (This is the title)
___________________
Boys | Girls | (This is the Header Row)
-------------------
Clarence|Beatrice |
-------------------
Wilbur | Gladys |
-------------------

Assume that this table goes on long enough so that it continues on a second page. Framemaker enables you to add a variable at the end of your table title. That's the asterisk.

When the table continues on the following page, this is what you get:

Most popular baby names in 2006, continued
___________________
Boys | Girls |
Bertram |Junia |
Blarg | Bimberly|

I don't know how to get a title to repeat, with "continued," at the top of a broken table.

I *do* know how to get the header to repeat.

--Nancy

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as alackerson -at- msn -dot- com -dot-
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/alackerson%40msn.com