Re: Doxygen/LaTeX woes

Subject: Re: Doxygen/LaTeX woes
From: Sean Wheller <sean -at- inwords -dot- co -dot- za>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:37:18 +0200

On Thursday 21 September 2006 01:58, siliconwriter -at- comcast -dot- net wrote:
> 1. When I open the PDF generated by LaTeX (using pdflatex), it looks fine
> except that the text is squeezed into 2/3 of the page
>
> The problem developed when I changed the Doxyfile from PAPER_TYPE = A4  to
> PAPER_TYPE = letter. This allowed me to generate a PDF file for 8.5 x 11
> inch paper. BUT when I did so, as noted, the text wound up squeezed into
> 2/3 of the page. There are huge white margins around the text. How on earth
> do I tell LaTeX to quit doing that?

Setting DocumentPaperSizes to a4 only controls the paper size boundary. You
need to perhaps adjust more than this. For example the PageSize which will
give you control over the boundaries for text.

It's hard to help you here, without seeing the code.

> 2. The second problem is that I really need to be able to pull this
> material into an InDesign file in order to edit/format it in compliance
> with our standard style. I can't open a PDF file in InDesign, and editing a
> 230 page document in Acrobat Pro is not going to work. I've tried
> generating RTF files, but they come out without bookmarks. Is there any way
> to get hyperlinks into an RTF file?

You may like to try a tool like PDF2HTML [http://pdftohtml.sourceforge.net/]

Hope this helps.

--