RE: How you take notes in SME interviews

Subject: RE: How you take notes in SME interviews
From: "Sarah Bouchier" <Sarah -dot- Bouchier -at- exony -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 09:49:24 +0100

I occasionally take my laptop, but usually only when I'm making changes
to documents that already exist.

The advantage to the bits-of-paper approach is the flexibility. I don't
know about you, but I'm not just writing notes; I'm putting in arrows
from one note to another, drawing quick diagrams, handing the notebook
to the programmer so +they+ can draw quick diagrams. What I end up with
isn't straight text, it's a load of scribbles at different angles that
all link up, and which I then have to translate into a linear format.

A laptop might look more professional, but if you take notes anything
like the way I do, it's just not going to do the job as well.

Sarah Bouchier
Technical Author

exony