Terminology for web page elements

Subject: Terminology for web page elements
From: dodd -at- teleport -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 08:14:04 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Hi, all:

I looked through the archives and Google, and didn't find what I was hoping for, so I thought I'd check in with you .

I'm looking for a resource that shows the names of typical web page elements. I'm looking for names that I can use for end-user instructions. I've got the MS Manual of Style, ed. 3, and it has two screen shots that very cursorarily label web page elements. I was hoping to find something more comprehensive.

For example, I may need to tell them to click a certain button in a certain section of the page, but I don't want to say "Click the Send button in the left hand corner on the bottom of the page." -- too wordy.

I work for a large company where there is no style guide on this matter.

Can anyone help?



WebWorks ePublisher Pro for Word features support for every major Help
format plus PDF, HTML and more. Flexible, precise, and efficient content
delivery. Try it today! http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Easily create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to any popular Help file format or printed documentation. Learn more at http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- infoinfocus -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/archive%40infoinfocus.com

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.


Previous by Author: XML from AuthorIT to InDesign--any snags that you know about?
Next by Author: RE: Terminology for web page elements
Previous by Thread: RE: Microsoft optical mouse scroll wheel not functional inFramemaker 7.0
Next by Thread: Re: Terminology for web page elements

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads