Re: Terminology for web page elements

Subject: Re: Terminology for web page elements
From: Maggie_Secara -at- capgroup -dot- com
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 10:30:03 -0700

If there's only one Send button on that page, just say "Click Send". If the
page is cluttered, it may be useful to use a graphic with a callout
indicating the location.

Maggie Secara | The Capital Group Companies | Location: LAO
| Extension: 92274
Outside: (213) 452-2274 | E-mail:
maggie_secara -at- capgroup -dot- com
[ Mailing: 333 S. Hope Street  Los Angeles, CA 90071 USA ]

techwr-l-bounces+maggie_secara=capgroup -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com wrote on
08/18/2006 08:14:04 AM:

> For example, I may need to tell them to click a certain button in a
> certain section of the page, but I don't want to say "Click the Send
> button in the left hand corner on the bottom of the page." -- too wordy.
> I work for a large company where there is no style guide on this matter.


WebWorks ePublisher Pro for Word features support for every major Help
format plus PDF, HTML and more. Flexible, precise, and efficient content
delivery. Try it today!

Easily create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to any popular Help file format or printed documentation. Learn more at

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- infoinfocus -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Terminology for web page elements: From: dodd

Previous by Author: RE: Breaking into the tech writing job market
Next by Author: RE: Contract for a book
Previous by Thread: Terminology for web page elements
Next by Thread: Re: Terminology for web page elements

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads