Re: MadCap

Subject: Re: MadCap
From: Marc Bryant <twmarcb -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "Donald H. White" <trlbldr -at- comcast -dot- net>, John Cook <john -dot- cook -at- gmail -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 18:10:31 -0700 (PDT)

The problem isn't whether or not we have a problem with a product, its making anonymous unprofessional calls out to the community that purchases said product. Say if I went to a listserv or forum that is populated mostly by people that hire technical writers and said "JOHN DOE IS HORRIBLE, HE CAN BARELY SPELL HIS NAME LET ALONE TURN ON A COMPUTER", people would think twice about hiring him.

If I were allowed to go to OTC and rent out a 100,000 SQ FT booth that simply read "X Well Service Company cheated me", they would lose business..

Its just not right to troll listservs or forums and flame behind a wall of anonymity, especially when using an unhealthy dose of CAPS.