Re: Macro for Word

Subject: Re: Macro for Word
From: Geoff Lane <geoff -at- gjctech -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 18:11:48 +0100

On Tuesday, August 8, 2006, Marne Cales wrote;

> I've been asked to create a Macro for Word that will, when the user
> opens a new document, ask if the document is 'Internal' or
> 'Confidential', and based on the user's need, will insert the
> appropriate footer. Is this even possible?
---

Absolutely yes. It's a very simple task once you know what you're
doing, but it could take a while to acquire the necessary knowledge.
The first thing you need to decide is where to store the macro. By
default, Word creates new macros in normal.dot - but that's probably
the last place you actually want to use.

WORD-PC has several very knowledgeable members (many of who are tech
writers). To join, send a blank message to
word-pc-subscribe-request -at- liverpool -dot- ac -dot- uk . In the meantime, the
archives are at http://listserv.liv.ac.uk/archives/word-pc.html

One quick clue - In Word, press Alt+F11 to open the VBA Editor (you'll
need that to create a dialog box - aka user form).

HTH,

--
Geoff