UL 1492 documentation guidelines

Subject: UL 1492 documentation guidelines
From: Mike Sawyer <Mike -dot- Sawyer -at- usd -dot- edu>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 13:18:08 -0600

We're doing some conversion work, taking some Chinglish-heavy docs and
converting them to English, according to our client's style guidelines.
We're hitting a snag, though, with some of our overseas contacts regarding
UL requirements. We've already run into a couple of issues where they
claimed something was required "by U.S. law," when actually (1) it was UL
guidelines, not U.S. law, they were thinking of, and (2) their
interpretation of the UL guidelines was just that--their interpretation.

We have a single photocopied page of the UL 1492 requirements document, but
that doesn't touch on all of the requirements for documentation. Does
anybody know of (or have) a digest of that material, just for documentation?
It looks like getting the full, published spec from UL (including packaging
and device design guidelines) will cost a pretty penny, and all we need are
the doc guidelines, or a summary of them. Can anybody help, or know where to
point me?

Thanks!

Mike