Re: Smart answers and useful answers

Subject: Re: Smart answers and useful answers
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 15:27:49 -0800

In this case, the "smart" answer would have been the one that got you what you needed without unnecessarily embarressing you for not knowing the "correct" technical term. What you got was a
"smart-a**ed" answer. Were I this salesperson's employer, I most certainly would have wanted to know how "smart" my employee was or wasn't.

OTOH, this STORY is probably good news for those of you who
work at designing and documenting online electronics catalogs...

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>

Neither your user nor your SME wants you to show off how smart you are