RE: Linking to online help topic

Subject: RE: Linking to online help topic
From: "Lou Quillio" <public -at- quillio -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:24:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, September 23, 2005 9:38 am, John Posada said:

> Kathleen...
> 1) Bill's answer was not rude. It just wasn't warm and fuzzy.

I'll have to agree. A person might choose to _infer_ rudeness, if that's
what they wanna do. Nevertheless, silence is the usual way of improving
unclear questions.

Now, then. Most likely, the questioner wants to know about HTML
framesets. I've no idea how RoboHelp may be confusing this simple matter,
but the answer is here:

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_frameset.asp

To display one of the pages in your frameset 'queued-up' to a particular
spot, there must be a unique `id` attribute for the page element you're
targetting. Then, instead of loading the page by filename, specify
filename#id, like so:

http://example.com/toc.html#topic5

LQ

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com