RE: Linking to online help topic

Subject: RE: Linking to online help topic
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 06:38:42 -0700 (PDT)

> I am sorry, but why are people so..... rude on this list? I have
> seen it time and again recently and this is just one example.

Kathleen...

1) Bill's answer was not rude. It just wasn't warm and fuzzy. OTOH,
he has offered assistance to more people than I can count....isn't
that why we are here?

2) Some of us have little patience with people who cannot communicate
clearly or expect us to spend more time interpreting a question than
composing an answer. Clear communication, both from the perspective
of composing questions and answers, is a core competency of our
profession and it is from people who cannot communicate clearly that
others form their opinions of us. Is it wrong to expect a well
thought-out and complete question when what is expected is a similar
answer?

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"What do we want? More than