Resume Services

Subject: Resume Services
From: "Chad LaCroix" <chad -at- architext-usa -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:35:13 -0400

Hey Whirlers,

This might be a little bit of a silly question but...I am interested to know
if there is an advantage to having your resume professionally done. I think
that I am quite capable of building one myself but I tend to think that
someone that does this for a living would be able to do a better job still.
Maybe they would know better what key words to use to perk employers'
interests? Maybe they would know what the new rage is for resume format?

If you have used a professional resume service and you were happy with it,
could you let me know who they are and what the ballpark cost would be? I
think that it may be worth it to me if the cost is reasonable. Conversely
if you have used a service and it was not to your liking, a warning would be
appreciated as well.

This one *does* get a disclaimer --> I am very happy in my current job but
all the recent talk about corporate vs. small business and all the different
things that could happen to one's position has made me realize that it is a
little silly not to have an up-to-date and 'peerty' resume ready to go!

TIA everyone!

-Chad

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com