RE: Tech Comms for disaster relief

Subject: RE: Tech Comms for disaster relief
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 12:45:07 -0400

I should add that I was not thinking that there was a law but that prudent
businesses would have definitely provided for continuation at a
geographically remote location.

Everybody down there knew this eventually was going to happen one day.
Flooding of the city was not something that came as a surprise to anyone.

I would be very surprised if the local business groups didn't act
accordingly, but perhaps I'm not being realistic in view of the fact that
they all chose to continue living there knowing that this event had a 100%
chance of happening in the next 50 years.

If you go back and read anything at all about New Orleans' prospects for
flooding, you will see that predictions of this very event have been made
for the last 25 or so years.

Bonnie Granat | http://www.GranatEdit.com
bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com
Cambridge, Massachusetts, US