Re: Tech Comms for disaster relief

Subject: Re: Tech Comms for disaster relief
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 10:15:54 -0700

My scheme is an external USB HD on my desk at home. I take my laptop home with me at night and sometime during the night the drive
synchs its data backup directories with every system on my home
network. The laptop HD contains a daily synched copy of our
company's entire document database and I live 40 miles from my office, so that's reasonably "offsite archiving" so long as the San Andreas fault doesn't level the entire SF Bay area one day.
Now all I need to do is figure out a plan to offsite the home systems.
There's too much stuff on them I wouldn't want my employer to be
able to access to keep a copy of the backups at the office...

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>