RE: RoboHelp output types: Oracle Help vs. WebHelp

Subject: RE: RoboHelp output types: Oracle Help vs. WebHelp
From: "Joe Malin" <jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 11:11:00 -0700

I don't know WebHelp, but I'm already using Oracle Help for the Web on a
web app. All my engineers had to do is construct some Javascript
connected to a Help button on each page, and put in a link to the OHW
server. OHW takes care of the rest. You can run OHW on a separate
computer. I even had them configure the app so that I can run my test
instance of OHW on *my* computer while running their test instance of
the app on *their* computer. Pretty nifty!

I have to say that although I worked at oracle, I'm not familiar with
Oracle Time and Labor, either. Does it come with its own help? Do you
want to override that help, or offer additional help? How customizable
is it? Does it use Oracle Help for the Web, or some other help system?
Do you want your help to appear seamlessly with OTL's?

Joe

Hi all --

I am in the process of selecting the appropriate delivery options for a
project that may include some online help for Oracle Time and Labor. I
will be using RoboHelp to generate the help system.

Do I have to use the Oracle Help output or will my development team be
able to "hang" the WebHelp output off of OTL?

Thanks in advance.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com