RE: OT, sort of - Form question

Subject: RE: OT, sort of - Form question
From: "JOE HODGE" <JHODGE -at- arielcorp -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 14:12:43 -0400

The autofill allows the packager out in the field to confirm that what
they have matches our records of what we shipped to them.

Say we ship compressor A to them with six cylinders. They have
compressor B in the field. Compressor B breaks a cylinder that happens
to match what is installed on compressor A. They can remove the cylinder
from compressor A and put it on compressor B to get it back in service.
They then repair/replace the other one at their convenience and install
the rebuilt cylinder on compressor A.

Most companies in the gas industry will accept a delay in bringing a new
compressor online because they know that next time it might be one of
their compressors that breaks.

I am not overly concerned with what data they collect or what they do
with it. I am just trying to eliminate as much duplication of documents
as practical.

Thanks much,
Joseph L. Hodge
Technical Writing