Re: OT, sort of - Form question

Subject: Re: OT, sort of - Form question
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:45:49 -0500

Joseph,

What I don't understand is why you would be seeking to autofill data
into an input form that comes from your own database to begin with?
Surely, since you already have the data captured it is somewhat
redundant to do so again?

Why not simply ask for the relvant serial number, then do the autofill
operations from your database once that is received, if necessary?

Asking for unnecessary data, it seems to me, is counterproductive.

David

On 8/11/05, JOE HODGE <JHODGE -at- arielcorp -dot- com> wrote:

> A monkey wrench has been thrown into the plan. They want the online form
> to pull data, such as serial numbers, ship dates, etc. from the database
> and autofill certain fields. Is it possible to have the .PDFs pull data
> from a database? For example, when the user enters the serial number for
> the compressor, the fields listing the serial numbers for the cylinders
> and the cylinder specs are pulled from the database and autofilled.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com