Re: Technical writing in South Florida?

Subject: Re: Technical writing in South Florida?
From: tarage -at- bellsouth -dot- net (imac)
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 19:28:43 -0400

HBacheler -at- aol -dot- com wrote:
>Mike,
>
>Tell me where.
>
>I have not seen any ads on the various boards, nor on the Florida Career One
>Stop website.
>
>Many ads from Lockheed-Martin, CSC, Rockwell, but none specify tech writer.

They usually won't, at least from my experience. They will use the words
"documentation" or "logistics".

>Plus, I have sent my resume to them, and have not gotten any responses after
>several submissions to each.

I can't speak for them, so I don't know what to tell you, here.

>Central Florida does not have many defense contractors that I am aware of.

*shrugs* Harris, Northrop-Grumman and Rockwell-Collins are in the
Melbourne area alone. Maybe they've moved since last year, but if so,
that'd be news to me. And even if not, maybe that's not "many" to you. Hey, I don't know. Plus, I
haven't even looked at the Cape area.

>I have seen no ads from Blue Cross/Blue Shield on any of my searches.

Monster lists many of these quite frequently, espec. in the the Jacksonville area.

~Mike

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com