RE: What do people work from - more -> Agile

Subject: RE: What do people work from - more -> Agile
From: tarage -at- bellsouth -dot- net (imac)
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 09:08:54 -0400

Jim Shaeffer wrote:

>> What happened to the rigour of producing an
>> FS, then DS and then code?
>>
>Time to market trumps system documentation.
>
>Or, as the Agile Manifesto put it:
>[We have come to value] Working software over comprehensive
>documentation.
>http://agilemanifesto.org

And in my limited experience, agile methodologies don't play very well
with techpubs departments. I'd be interested to hear from folks who have
had better experiences. It seems to me, however, that agile methods rely
overmuch on the conceit of intuitiveness and self-documenting software,
when that is rarely the case.

~Mike

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com