RE: Indexing multiple documents

Subject: RE: Indexing multiple documents
From: "Lisa Hickling" <Lisa -dot- Hickling -at- realsuitesoftware -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:24:56 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Kate Wilcox

My company wants to create a single index for all of the publications in
a document set. This includes installation guides, upgrade guides, API
guides, (all FrameMaker-generated PDFs) and Online Help systems (WebHelp
HTML generated from RoboHelp). Potentially, there are 8-10 PDFs
generated by FrameMaker and 8-10 Help systems (HTML generated by
RoboHelp) in each document set. We want to automatically generate a
single stand-alone index to cover all of these docs.

Does anyone know of a tool that can create such an index? Are we
dreaming? Or is there another way to make all of this searchable (that's
the goal -- to help users search for and find info)? Any help or ideas
would be greatly appreciated!
--------------------------

There was a time when I would have heartily recommended eHelp's
RoboInfo, which allows you to add content in .pdf, .mif, .hml, .doc, etc
to a single "online help" project with consolidated searching and
indexing. The product is still available from Macromedia at
http://www.macromedia.com/software/roboinfo/ but with a strong warning
of CAVEAT EMPTOR!

Lisa H.
GTA, ON

"The finest language is mostly made up of simple unimposing words."
George Eliot

(This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Ce courriel est confidentiel et protege. L'expediteur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) designe(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez ce courriel par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immediatement, par retour de courriel ou par un autre moyen. )

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com