Re: How To: Tactfully deal with salary questions in TW job interviews?

Subject: Re: How To: Tactfully deal with salary questions in TW job interviews?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:42:56 -0700

During my most recent negotiation, I had previously calculated what I was paying out for the self-employment versions of the usual employer paid benefits and what salary I would consider equivalent from a direct employer, and when asked for my salary needs told them my then-current bill rate and an annual salary number a little bit below
my calculated equivalent salary and said that depending on the details
of their benefits plan anything over that would be "a good place to start negotiating."
Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kathleen" <keamac -at- cox -dot- net>

I don't like the idea of giving my salary history w/out having further
information about the job etc.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com