Re: 'Anonymous Poster' - explanation

Subject: Re: 'Anonymous Poster' - explanation
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 16:19:53 -0500

Lou,

There are two types of people for whom anonymous posting seems apropos:

1) People who justifiably fear adverse reactions from those involved,
who may be described in a non-flattering light or simply because the
poster wants other opinions but isn't *quite* ready to seek other
employment.

2) People who are timid. I daresay that a fair number of techwhirlers
fit that category by nature--but I also think it is likely that most
of these read the list but seldom if ever post.

Personally, I can't keep up with alternative online identities. I
think it takes too much energy to try to remember what I may have said
using which identity. So, personally I simply skip the drama and use
the name I was given at birth. That way, when I make a fool of myself
it is readily apparent to all!

David

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com