'Anonymous Poster' - explanation

Subject: 'Anonymous Poster' - explanation
From: John Bartol <johnbartol -at- shaw -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 09:11:45 -0700

Lou Quillio wrote:

What's up with the anonymous posting? I don't get it.

I do. The original poster has set out hir predicament in enough detail that should hir name be attached and hir employer see the post (explaining that the employer seems happy to produce mediocre docs), it's not inconceivable that the poster would soon be an ex-employee.

I mean, anybody can post anonymously by using a throw-away webmail
account (like, say, `techwhirlanonpost -at- yahoo -dot- com`). So this is
*declaratively* anonymous posting. "I'm anonymous, and I want you
to know it. Deal with that." Weird. Taints the responses, I'll bet.

'techwhirlanonpost -at- yahoo -dot- com' is the address that Lisa uses to forward posts that *need* to remain anonymous for purposes of company confidentiality issues (posts that could betray company secrets if the poster's name was known) or personal protection (as is the case in this thread). I don't see how it should taint the responses - if this was a trawl-post, I'm pretty sure that Lisa wouldn't cooperate.

I will not be posting or reading any more responses from this thread.

Agreed... that is not a good statement to make, here, in chatgroups, or in Usenet.

How fortunate that others don't declare "I will not be reading any
more posts from Anonymous Poster", and rig their junk mail filters to killall from `techwhirlanonpost -at- yahoo -dot- com` -dot- Might just save some aggravation for all involved, not least Anonymous Poster herself. ;)

Yes, I read this line before I posted, and know that *you* understood that A.P. is Lisa being helpful :-)

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com