Re: [HOWTO] Web Domain Registration service recommendation?

Subject: Re: [HOWTO] Web Domain Registration service recommendation?
From: Lou Quillio <public -at- quillio -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 21:10:53 -0400

Michele wrote:

Huh? We host websites, numerous ones, and have never purchased a domain name for someone without being the holder of everything

If I hadn't retained all rights he could have gone and used the websites that *I* paid for, and he didn't.

Sorry, I'm responding to Kathleen's (and others') desire to get her own domain going, and that's all. There are all kinds of business considerations to being a middle-provider. Ask any auto mechanic.

If there's something inaccurate about what I've said -- regarding the pure business of privately arranging a domain name and hosting, not of being a successful VAR -- please point it out. I don't know everything, not by a long shot.

I regret you've been jerked-around by clients. My spiel is aimed at do-it-yourselfers. It's okay to disseminate information, right? Email is awkward, but I'm getting a weird vibe here. Aren't business models that rely on consumer ignorance fundamentally unstable?

LQ

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com