Web Domain Registration service recommendation?

Subject: Web Domain Registration service recommendation?
From: "Kathleen" <keamac -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 23:11:08 -0700

Hi all,

I'd like to register a domain name, and though I'd like to do it as
cheaply as possible, I don't want all that junk on my site. If I had
anything, I'd prefer to select my own.

I looked up yahoo, which wants to own you and your children, etc. (and
charge you), so phooey on them. Also, checked out alldomains and several
others, but they either don't give you any info ahead of time about what
is involved in their "agreement," or it just looks like junk.

So, does anyone have comments about
- their experiences
- sites that allow you to select your own advertisers
-registration services that appear to be reputable?

I tried to check out an "Open Source" site for alternate domain
registration, but ran out of steam. Who would have thought it would get
so complex back when we were using those slow dial-up modems, which
unbelievably, were almost as fast as my current cable connection?
Grumble .

Thanks

Kathleen

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com